- Metals are easy to use and are malleable to form any curve or length needed
- Extremely durable and can bear a lot of weight
- Has the advantage of being more resistant to blasts and earthquakes, which also makes them good reinforcements of other building materials
- Metal structures are constructed at a faster rate, cutting down construction costs
- These materials can be used and reused after several deconstruction processes
- Metals are more expensive than the other construction material types (like concrete)
- While metals can resist heat, prolonged exposure to it will eventually weaken the material. And since metals transmit heat very fast, they need effective fireproofing measures to prevent fires.